Good sporting birds

Buddy london

Yesterday i had the day off and not been around the farms for 2 weeks decided to have a look around for any harvested fields to set up but bein mainly rape not as yet. I noticed a few birds going across one of the fields and decided was enough to set up. Luckily on the end there is an empty crop cover from last year which makes shooting and retrieving birds easier. Weather was ideal with a good wind and cloud cover.

I was set up by eleven and could see a lot of birds moving however none were interested in the decoy set up. Moving set up, bouncers, flapper etc number of times to no success i decided that yesterday birds were not interested in decoying.

However every now and then a bird would cross over the decoys enough for me to have a pop. Provided that birds were coming with the wind, needles to say these were very fast ending up shooting for fast going away birds. I ended the day at 5pm with 17 birds picked for 48 carts. Better than a day at work.

defo better than a day at work. sounds like they were more interested in another area. if u could get where they are going in you would be onto a winner but this isnt always possible and always makes it a challenge. iv got a perm to go to tomorrow afternoon and will probably be in the same situation due to alot of wires and pylons on it.