97k sling

mickR7

first post so be gentle :blush:

just bought a 97k after an abscense from shooting of twenty years . its a crackin gun just as i expected it to be but it does tell on yer arms after a while. is there any way of fixing a sling to it ? sorry lads if this has been asked before ;) by the way first time out ended up with 4 rabbits and a crow :lol:

first post so be gentle :blink:

just bought a 97k after an abscense from shooting of twenty years . its a crackin gun just as i expected it to be but it does tell on yer arms after a while. is there any way of fixing a sling to it ? sorry lads if this has been asked before :blush: by the way first time out ended up with 4 rabbits and a crow :good:

you all scared of the sunderland badge for next season or does no one own a 97k on here?

You can buy swivels which fit the under lever on those, uttings.com sell them, accessories, slings&swivels and then swivels 3/4 of the way down. Their website is gay so you can't link to that section.

Oh, and this reply is from a Geordie too, scared of that badge, don't make me laugh :blink:

first post so be gentle :lol:

just bought a 97k after an abscense from shooting of twenty years . its a crackin gun just as i expected it to be but it does tell on yer arms after a while. is there any way of fixing a sling to it ? sorry lads if this has been asked before :lol: by the way first time out ended up with 4 rabbits and a crow :oops:

You can get a clamp that fits the underlever as said before. Just make sure you put something in between clamp and the blued metal of the underlever to avoid slipping,scratches and rust. I used a strip of that very thin foamy material that you find as packaging on some products. Failing that a piece of bicycle innner tube. :o

yes tell uttings what the swivels are for they know the crack, standard swivels work best, the quick release jobs mark the metalwork after a while /and can be noisy, all the best fella,, ps drill the rear stock screw with a 3mm drill bit 100MM fro the but pad,the front one give it an inch from the wood work ,but first put a strip of electrical rape first/ then make sure the tape doesnt dissapear between the stock slot when cocking it other wise move it back a bit,keep it simple! and yes i love the 97 ,mines years old and still amazes me