Subaru Forester 2.5 XTen

cromwell7

Circumstances have changed and need to sell my car.

Its a 2005 (54 plate) Subaru Forester 2.5 XTen.

95k miles, MOT until may 18, full history although the last few are just the invoices as I ran out of stamp space in the service book, this car was top spec when new including heated leather seats, factory fitted sat nav, auto hold handbrake for hill starts etc etc.

new tyres fitted in September and brake pads and discs recently done.

BAD POINTS 

ABS light intermittant after the brakes were changed

fan/power steering belt squeals on cold starts until warm. 

The car has never been driven hard off-road just occasional farm tracks and unmettled roads to shooting grounds etc.

any inspection/test drive welcome I’m no mechanic but anyone is welcome to take a look.

looking for £2200 

pm me for pics or  more info 

warminster, wilts 

Edited by cromwell7

BAD POINTS 

ABS light intermittent after the brakes were changed

- this will probably be due to non OEM pads being fitted. If you were charged for OEM get them checked. Ferodo also work fine, others don't.

fan/power steering belt squeals on cold starts until warm.

The scooby belts don't last long. Simple (short term) fix is to spray the belts with the engine running with WD40. Better - and fairly cheap - longer term fix is to get the belts changed. Under £100 at a local garage for the lot.

Great car - if anyone doubts the Forester off road capacity, put "Off road Forester" in to YouTube search. Amazing stuff.

Good luck with the sale.

I have no connection with the seller.

Edited by Eyefor

Nothing to do with the belts it’s the PAS pump that’s knackered.

And the brake problem is a damaged ABS sensor ring, which was probably done by the mechanic changing pads and discs.

so car is no longer for sale until these faults are sorted as I still need to use it before it goes and I’m not happy selling it on unless someone makes an offer with those faults in mind.