flapers

john

can any readers give me any advice on my new flaper ive just bought, like the best place to put it in my decoy patern, its fitted with a intermittant controller with three settings so it flaps every 5 seconds or on the third setting it flaps at about every 20 seconds, they are expensive but the more people that i talk to all say that pigeons are getting shy of magnets or rotarys so i thought i shellout. Also i cant wait till September to try it out with a wigeon on it down on the marsh.

hi there john i find that i get best results by putting it about 20-25 yards away from the pattern as it leaves a nice gap for the pigeons to land in and if you have more than one put it at the other side of the pattern as i find that you need to have movement in several places to keep the bird hooked .

pete.

can any readers give me any advice on my new flaper ive just bought, like the best place to put it in my decoy patern, its fitted with a intermittant controller with three settings so it flaps every 5 seconds or on the third setting it flaps at about every 20 seconds, they are expensive but the more people that i talk to all say that pigeons are getting shy of magnets or rotarys so i thought i shellout. Also i cant wait till September to try it out with a wigeon on it down on the marsh.

Click here for decoy patterns

Thanks for ur advice lads,tried out the flaper this mornin.The wind was blowing right to left so i put 12 deeks slightly up wind of my hide in a horse shoe shape on the right n the flaper about 20 yards down wind on my left. The result was great, the birds pulled in to the flaper came straight past it to land into the deeks giving me an easy crossing shot about 25 yards out.