best size chamber on fibre

29 minutes ago, TIGHTCHOKE said:

Curious, I shot 3/4 and full with various fibre loads at clays this morning and was quite happily getting balls of dust at them.

Did you find one cartridge that preformed any better than others, is your gun back bored,

thanks 

well i shoot a gold e with 3 inch chamber i shoot black ringed choke in top this i am told is 3 quarter at a measured 40 yards     then i have a very old snipe  made in the sixties    this is 2 and three quarter in  chamber   and 3 quarter in both barells        the old snipe put 14 more pellets on the paper     using my 36 gram 4s called pure fibre    the shots were as best on steadyness as i could do freehand and not bolted down as per my test barell          my test barell is  3 inch   and the pressure are 650 bar   speed    391 at   v2     the only way for pressure    is now to do a penatration test    on my 500 sheets of fax paper from tescos and see if one cartridge breaks more sheets than the other       yet the new gun  from browning  i am told is 76mm chamber     any way i am looking for a set of 30 inch 2 and 3 quarter barells   in 680 serious      cheers  george 07712 323 909