FLO visit

Griff36

Hi all, as a newbie (started clay shooting 10 weeks ago, now hooked) I am looking for abit of advice:

Applied for my SGC around 8 weeks ago so I'am expecting a visit soon, Fitted my gun safe this weekend. What happens next?

Do I get grilled by a local bobby, any tips or advice will be most welcome.

By the way I'm from South Staffordshire is there any local rules that I need to know?

Cheers in advance

Griff

A FLO (Firearms licensing officer) will come round to have a chat with you about your experience and why you want a shotgun. Depending on your particular circumstances there could be questions arising from answers to questions on the application form.

Normally after this visit, if all is in order he/she will tell you to get your cabinet, as you already have it can be inspected and checked for appropriate fixing etc.

Usually, if no more enquires are required, the FLO will return to his office and complete the paperwork for his boss to sign off the cert. Since no further visit is required (you have your cabinet) the cert will ordinarily be posted to you :rolleyes: