Beretta CHOKES WANTED

ratcatcher

RATCATCHER

The best advise that I can think of is to keep hold of the new chokes and trade the 301 in for a 303, which I am sure will fit the new chokes that you have.

I didnt know that the 301 used different chokes, but I have not owned one of that particular model. they say that you learn something new every day.

webber

Sorry, cant help. I did once own a 303, it was a fine gun. I part exchanged it a few years ago for a Beretta Lioness, its a limited edition AL390, with super wood and gold inlay on the engraving, certificate of authenticity, the lot.

I do think that you will struggle to get the chokes that you desire. Whilst the 301 was an ok gun, it is now a bit long in the tooth. Its probably not a good idea to pump anymore money into it. As I suggested, if you cant get on with the 301 as it is, part ex it for a 303, you will find one in most decent gun shops for around £350, or so. Find one that only comes with one choke and barter the price down a bit. The mobil chokes that you have will fit.

webber

thanks, webber for the info\

ive only just got hold of the gun, been out 3times with it now and my best result was 27 pigeon, that may seem ok, but i fired over 80 shots that day, the gun only has a 26 inch barrel & is fireing a wide pattern, all i need is a full choke and i may solve the prob,ill keep trying anyway, thanks for the info

ANYONE GOT A FULL CHOKE FOR A BERETTA 301!!!!!!!!!!!

and no i wasnt takeing long range shots,,

The 301 uses the old beretta choke system (poly choke?) I have heard the swillington shooting supplies keeps some old beretta chokes for £5 each. I have a 301 and i have used a lot of autos. If you can get used to the weird sight plane then the 301 is every bit a good as the 302/303 et al.