Breda Brescia - Plastic Washer for Forend

Samuel

Hi all.

I picked up an early Breda Brescia a little while back as a cheap and cheerful gun to take down the club and let my friends use when they come with me.

However, I've since learned after researching the gun that due to the recoil operated way in which the gun cycles the bolt/ejects the cartridge, that they have a tendency to break the forend after a few shots (recoil operated cycling smacks the forend repeatedly until it cracks).

In the later revisions of this shotgun, a small plastic washer/tube was included in the forend that absorbed this impact and prevented the forend from cracking. I can see that my forend has the space for this washer, and I was wondering if anyone knows where I can source one for myself, or has one and is able to provide me the dimensions of it so I can try and fashion my own please? I've had no luck with my own Google searches, and wouldn't dare shooting it without the plastic for fear of breaking it.

Thanks in advance!

• 2 weeks later...