Land Rover

Jimjim

Heya all,

I recently purchased a series 2A, the body work is great apart from the doors haha but there not a problem. The problem is the chassis is about 80% the left hand side main runner needs attention but i dont want to change the chassis, i had planned on cutting the under side of the runner away (were the rust is) and weld a lenght of box section into place and basically re-skin the runner with 3-5mm plate.

Anyone every restored one or got any tips on the general landy would be great!!

Thanks Jim :lol:

http://forum.landrovernet.com/index.php

Login to the above, there are plenty of guys on this Forum who will give you loads of advise etc

Im having a play around with a 1974 Series 3 SWB at present, got next week off to get it road worthy.

Replacing Head Lamps and re-wiring these and the indicators in, then down for a MOT.

Cheers

To be honest Paddocks seem to have everything im after and cheaper then Ebay in some cases.

I just picked up a Cab for £40 Ebay, Set of Pug 106 front seats £20 Ebay, and a Tailgate for £10 off a mate, and a Gearbox for £0.

Cant wait to get started next week

Nice, the fella i bought it off had people offering 200 for the crew cab alone, it now has the full hard top which is great for i want to shoot and take the dog out in it, i have transit seats but i feel there very low down for i have long legs haha

I have the full hood myself at present, but just fancied having the cab on, and having the back open.

I just like the appearance.

The Chassis looks solid on mine to be honest and i got it for £350 from a guy just around the corner where i live.

For some reason they removed/ Cut the wiring to the front in the engine bay.....a new loom is far to expensive to buy so im going to replace it with 7 core trailer cable....seems the in thing todo according to the Landie guys.

Think this was because there was an Int problem with the lights working.....(Earthing connection i expect)..

O well i am replacing the headlamps with some nice Bright babies from Paddocks approx £27 for the pair.

I will be using mine for Shooting and taking the Dogs out plus I promised the Kids Camping next year.

So I am going to fix a cage into the back of the truck to secure the dogs, not sure on sizes etc but may see if i can get a steel/ Ali one to fit, and then when we go camping i will put the full top back on..and potentially then get myself a roof rack to carry all the cases etc

Its done approx 55K not bad for a 1974 model 2.25 Petrol...

Cheers

Forgot to say that there are Landie Jumbles you can go to also..There is one in Newbury Berkshire this Saturday 20th, bit far out of your way i know.

Get a copy of the Land Rover Mag...its full of info.

I have got a bit of a dent on my off side back wing but the guys says its easier to replace the whole Tub rather then messing about with spot welding a panel....but this will have to wait for now.

I still have the original wheels on mine, slim 16" wheels but got a nice set of chunky 8 spoke wheels to place on them as soon as I get the MOT on it....if all else fails with the MOT, I will get my money back plus More..selling it on Ebay.

nice one!! i give 800 for mine, its been resprayed and the body is in pretty good condition just the doors will need changed and a few things rewired for mot but all being well i can get her off roading as well love the camping so it would be perfect for taking away, it has 76k on the clock an its the 2.2 diesel.

Do the 106 seats fit nicely or take abit of work?

Now thats a good question to ask.......

I have been told that they are almost a straight swop....but not to sure, until I tackle them next week.

Obviously i will lose the centre seat, but i expect i will stick a secure box in the space at some point.

My only downer is that i have no garage,,, im working on a bit of space i have made for myself on the side of the house,

But if it rains all next week I will buy myself a cheap garden gazeebo to keep me dry.. :lol:

No doubt the air will be blue but i will let you know how i get on..

sad but i have waited for years to own a Landie 3, im like a kid again...MOT worries me, normally there is always something, but i just got my Long Wheelbase SJ413 through its MOT, 1974 model and it only cost me an extra £24 worth of work...which i am going to sell once the Landie is on the road

Same haha am working at the side of the garage praying it doesnt rain haha, wen i get all the work finished with the power tools i have access to a farm shed i can do the wiring in the dry :lol: Been looking a landie for years myself near passed out wen i told the parents and they agreed to lettin me have it in the drive, i still have the original wheels on mine thankfully the last owner replaced the tyres :lol: saves a few bob for the cosmetics :D