Muntjac

missedagainstan

I had seen this muntjac a couple of times a few weeks or so back, he was feeding on a few sweet apples I had put down a few days earlier on my mentor’s advice. Phone call to mentor and we were sat in the high chair next evening by 5:15 pm eager and ready, by 5:45 pm mentor was nudging me in the arm, he had spotted munty just out of the tree line, I just caught sight of it :lol: before it got back inside the wood :good:. 6:35 pm day light dropping fast now, another 10mins max of light left and nearly a disappointing evening when another nudge in the arm, munty spotted again by mentor ( a well trained eye)150 yards out, quite hard to see out that far now against a black wood line with the naked eye but picked him up in the scope ok as he was standing on wheat stubble, munty seemed to be in a hurry stopping only for a second or two and going to and fro in opposite directions, just got the crosshairs on him then he’d be of again, mentor screaming under his voice SHOOT, SHOOT, by this time he’s coming straight for us, following him in the scope crosshair still on him, about 85 – 90 yards out, he turned just about side on and the shot was away :good:

post-2993-1193619032.jpg

post-2993-1193619071.jpg

post-2993-1193619118.jpg