Invector Plus chokes - Cylinder and Full

PeterHenry

Hi,

Title says it all really - I'm after a cylinder choke and a full choke.

I'd rarther the cylinder choke is one designed for use with steel. The full choke I don't mind - infact, from memory I don't think Browning recommends them for steel?

Also, I'd rather have the Official Browning ones than third party.

Best,

Peter

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a set of 5 Browning ones for sale, lightest is 1/4 though im afraid, also comes with a key?

you shouldn't shoot steel through more than half a choke, steel patterns much tighter than lead though so a half in lead is a full in steel, If that makes sense.?IMG_20240420_131929.jpg.120f28b1bc7af7b424e3c59f027e56c1.jpg

On 20/04/2024 at 14:19, CoventryWire said:

I've got a set of 5 Browning ones for sale, lightest is 1/4 though im afraid, also comes with a key?

you shouldn't shoot steel through more than half a choke, steel patterns much tighter than lead though so a half in lead is a full in steel, If that makes sense.?IMG_20240420_131929.jpg.120f28b1bc7af7b424e3c59f027e56c1.jpg

Thanks - Miroku Matt sorted me out with both in the end.

From memory, I think the literature that came with my gun said the only reason Browning don't sugest using steel with full choke is because it is liable to blow the pattern. I know other individuals / authorities say otherwise. Personally, like you say - I tend to stick to cylinder and 1/4 for HP or 1/4 and 1/2 at most for standard. I'm fairly cautious by nature, and the combination tends to work well for me. My reason for wanting a second full choke is to use with the new 3" bio ammo cartridges for duck flighting.

Edited by PeterHenry