First time with a dropnet

lurcherboy

Popped in to see Cranfield tonight and on the way home I had a meet with a keeper who was using a dropnet. I have never seen one used and it was devastating to say the least. They caught 59 and reckon on getting another good bag tomorrow night. I have got to get me one of these :good:

LB

Guest The Outlaw

What do you use a drop net for?

I use one for sea fishing from piers and the like to land larger fish from a long way up.

I assume it is used differently for rabbits, I only know purse and long nets.

Tony

Always thought they'd be a great job for the bunnies alright :good: (just too lazy to put it into practice)

Besides, the thought of me getting one would scare the pellets out of at least four of the five rabbits left on my patch!

John you MUST leave some alive for breeding so try and restrain yourself :good::lol::lol:

LB

i have got the quickset long net 100metre and would be glad of any info on what poles to use

PAS they are different methods mate and although I think the net would be usefull as I believe it is 4' high the poles are a entirely different thing. The net is set above the ground by about 2' and then dropped in a ambush at night.

LB

lets put it this way the farmer will be impressed if your doing things right when using these. I set mine up during the day then return at about 3ish in the morning i would only use them if you want to wipe scut tails out.

Thats where common sense and restraint come into play bunnybasher.

No sensible hunter kills the golden goose :good:

LB

Always thought they'd be a great job for the bunnies alright :good: (just too lazy to put it into practice)

Besides, the thought of me getting one would scare the pellets out of at least four of the five rabbits left on my patch!

John you MUST leave some alive for breeding so try and restrain yourself ;):good::oops:

LB

I'd leave plenty alive believe you me LB, lads in a 4x4 from what I can see shooting them for the sake of it :good: Only shot as many as is in my sig :lol:

Still think those drop nets are a great job, just from descriptions on this and other forums :lol: