do u have to skin rabbits as soon as you kill then

blooper

Guest Mr Pieman

Blooper,

Depending on how many I shoot, I paunch them in the field and then 'process' them the following day - assuming I've been out shooting all through the night.

Big numbers (50+) may go to the Game Dealer, in which case I don't have to skin them before I deliver them :huh:

Lots of people have a variety of views about when to paunch and/or skin. Perhaps try a selection of ways and see what you think is best for you :(

Cheers

PP

If I shoot quite a few on a night i normally squeeze the urine out of them and as long as their head shot leave them with the guts in till the next morning. Your only talking 6-8 hours on a concrete floor in my shed so the meat is fine. I normally freeze them with the skin on straight after gutting and save them up to give the game dealer with the next batch of Pigeons. I've eaten them when they've been gutted and hung with the skin on for a couple of days no problems, not during mid summer though!