QB/XS/78/79's wanted

Biffo1262

I don't know if this is in the right section but I'm sure the mods will move it for me if it isn't.

I am looking for any QB/XS/78/79 CO2 rifles in any condition to enable me to refurbish them for use by the youngsters at our club for starter training. We are getting increasing numbers who are coming and don't have any guns. We have a youth policy which seems to be bearing fruit and we take on problem youngsters with some success. Because we shoot from an indoor heated hut to outside we don't have any seasonal problems with CO2 guns and I have my own bulk CO2 reloading facilities which keeps our costs to a minimum. It is our experience that these guns are grossly underated and all it takes is a bit of knowhow and TLC to turn them into accurate target rifles. We are not bothered about scopes at this time as long as they have the original iron sights with them. So if any of you have any knocking about in your garage/cellar/loft etc please get in touch with me. Even rusty, decrepit, bent barrel or incomplete guns will be gratefully received as parts are readily available. Ideally we would like donated guns (don't we all :blush: ) but I personally will pay a reasonable price & carraige (or pick up) for decent guns. I'm afraid we aren't taking springers at this time mainly because we prefer to train youngsters with CO2 or PCP guns and the QB/XS series has a proven track record as a reliable gun (subject to care) and even cheeky me draws the line at asking people to donate PCP's! :look:

Many thanks to all those who responded and I am delighted to say that we are now sorted thanks to the help of members from this and other forums. I am sure some other clubs may well be in the same position and if they go down the same route I hope they have the same generous response I have. I still have to spend a fair bit of cash bulking them and some safety checks but my own grandson was the recipient of a great deal of help from our club and it was a fantastic success and I believe we only get out what we put into this sport. His parents and teachers hardly recognise him now and that was after only two attendances at the club. I did take a bit of stick off a member off another forum who didn't think we should be rewarding 'criminals' and I wasn't getting his gun for nothing. I didn't ask him to give his gun up; I said I, personally, would pay a fair price for decent guns so his intervention was unnecessary and ill-informed. These kids are NOT criminals and I don't know where he even got that notion from. They are kids with slight behavioural or attention problems who, without our help, may never get the chance to join a club such as ours. I do know the current Minister for Sport has these very same views about youngsters and responsible gun clubs and it does make a change to have someone in such a position of influence having such enlightened views. Thank you once again it is very much appreciated.