Think .50 bmg is big?

Hunter

This is the .950 JDJ RIFLE round, the largest rifle made.

The 20x102mm necked-out cannon case fires a 3600-grain cast lead projectile at 2200 fps. That comes to about 38,000 foot-pounds of energy (a .50 BMG develops about 13,000).

(yes thats a .50 BMG in the center)

cart09.gif

Makes me grin to think of the damage one of these could do to a car, or building. :P :P :oops:

Im geussing you can put down 'Vermin control' for one of these

You chaps may care to have a look at this link to a vid' on youtube to see a .50 cal' in action.

There are also other unfortunate vid's on Youtube of the same gun in use in Afghanistan where at about a mile distance Afghan snipers get variously vaporised & arms come off etc.

Appreciate the vid's show a Barrett .50 cal in action, but still shows the immense clout things of this caliber have.

Cut & paste the link below into your browser.

If you want to look at the truly grisly stuff you can find it for yourself

Umm this is a 'sporting' website, not a millitary site, so I am not interested in the grizzly stuff :oops: If I was I would be on a certain rotten.com website.

I would just like to fire a few rounds off at an old car with this :P Man it would really take the edge off a bad day at work :P

Umm this is a 'sporting' website, not a millitary site, so I am not interested in the grizzly stuff :good: If I was I would be on a certain rotten.com website.

I would just like to fire a few rounds off at an old car with this :yp: Man it would really take the edge off a bad day at work :lol:

I think he's talking about those "sniper vids" in what is supposedly Afghanistan but are really Rock Chucks being blown apart somewhere in America.

I'm not sure but i really don't think the Taliban have anything better than an AK 47!