Deben tracer owners

tuck1

So here's the thing. Out for a spot of lamping, get the lamp set up on the rifle in the living room, all is well. Drive to the farm I shoot. On the way down the track, spot a couple of rabbits. Stop car, rifle out, flick switch.....nothing. Two connectors have come apart. Spent the next 45 mins with a torch in my mouth fixing it with masking tape. Grrrr!

OK, so we are up and running again. Wander round a bit, shoot a couple. Lamp is pointing a bit too low. Adjust it using the adjusting **** thingie. The inside reflector comes loose from the housing, has obviously been unwound too far. ****! Torch in mouth, sit down amongst the sheep poo, undo the two screws with my knife, lose one. ****!

Reattach the screw thing inside. Replace the remaining screw in the housing, manage not to lose it. Lamp still not right. Disassemble it again. Farmers and their wives for miles around are, at this point, turning up the volume on the telly to mask the expletives which are erupting uncontrollably from my mouth. It starts to rain. ****, ****! Came home.

So my question is this. Could any tracer owner please tell me how the plastic "strut" inside the housing fits. Photos would be welcomed. That'll teach me to take things apart in the dark.

Please help. I feel very silly.

Oh and Merry Christmas to everyone, haven't been here much in the last few days, I hope you are all well and enjoying some festive cheer. I have!

Tuck

Anyone? C'mon, someone must have a tracer that they can whip the screws out of and tell me how to fit it back together.

Is it the mini or the max? I am guessing it the the mini.

If no one can help give them a call, I have had very good service from the in the past, indeed I spoke to them today:

01394 387762

Jerry

Anyone? C'mon, someone must have a tracer that they can whip the screws out of and tell me how to fit it back together.

Just took my max apart and the end of the plastic screw adjuster is held in with a tiny split pin to stop it jumping out?

This might be a later mod as its only about 6 months old, it would appear impossible to screw it off without breaking something.

Now that I have it apart I have noticed that the actual lamp reflector is fixed way off centre, something that has bothered me before and caused the quarry to always be on the fringe of the beam, I have meant to have a look at it many times and Tucks plea has made me do it.

The max only seems to have an effective vertical adjustment with a very small windage adjustment so I am going to return it and ask for another/refund, I do prefer my old Lightforce 170 which has the beam focus ability.

:good: D2D

The bit I am interested to know about is the long thin "strut" which appears to locate somehow in the groove in the bottom of the housing. It's a Max. I can't seem to get it to locate, and it seems to be the strut which braces against the casing to allow the windage/elevation screw to work. Mine is a second hand unit, so there's no going back, I just want to get it back together. Aaaagh! I feel a right plonker!

The bit I am interested to know about is the long thin "strut" which appears to locate somehow in the groove in the bottom of the housing. It's a Max. I can't seem to get it to locate, and it seems to be the strut which braces against the casing to allow the windage/elevation screw to work. Mine is a second hand unit, so there's no going back, I just want to get it back together. Aaaagh! I feel a right plonker!

The strut at the bottom fits into a slot moulded into the outer casing. Just in front of the power cable exit hole.

Hope this puts you out of your misery :sly:

^Nearly! :good:

There are little lugs in it. How do they fit ie do they ride on top of the rails, or do they go underneath it? If it's underneath, I can't make it fit cos the windage/elevation screw puts it in the wrong place. Am I making sense? What am I missing?

Thanks for the help by the way.

^Nearly! :sly:

There are little lugs in it. How do they fit ie do they ride on top of the rails, or do they go underneath it? If it's underneath, I can't make it fit cos the windage/elevation screw puts it in the wrong place. Am I making sense? What am I missing?

Thanks for the help by the way.

Will PM you to save boring everyone else to sleep :lol:

Great idea.

"And on this photograph, the perfectly formed holding grommet can be seen facilitating the work of the foo foo valve to the left of the picture, which in turn braces the .................." zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Sorry, am I keeping you all awake?