mates first day

monkey

Hi everyone hope all are well afer the festivities.I took a mate decoying yesterday it was his first time showed him to the best of my abilities how to make a hide and set out the decoys. we both really enjoyed it and had quite a few shots the end bag was not that good though. we had quite a few birds coming in to the pattern but alot never even showed interest. do any of you leave bangers on in the surrounding fields or do you turn them off we left ours on seemed to keep them moving.

Hi,

Its always good to see that people are still taking newbe out with them, about the Bangers try to leave some working in the field nearby were you shooting it will help to keep the pigeon on the move as Cranfield said. (Don't forget to switch bangers back on if you switched any off, the Farmer would not be happy if you leave them off)

Cranfield,

Do string bangers working ok and how to they work , how often do they go off, for how long?

Sorry for the many questions but very interested about them.

Thanks

Marco

Thank you cranfield thought it might be the case. I forgot to say i used one of those realtree caps that cover your face and was suprised how it worked after many weeks p**s take from the local keeper about the old days and that he never used all that stuff in his day. if only he would share his knowledge and take me out decoying.

I think covering your face and hands when pigeon shooting, is more important than a lot of people realise.

String bangers are what they sound like, bangers set along a piece of string, you just light one end and the string smoulders up and ignites the bangers.

They vary in string length/amount of bangers and that obviously influences how long they last.

You can purchase them at most Agricultural Merchants, Country Stores and some Gunshops have them.