What is the best .22/250 for hunting for a Grand budget

Shotgun-Sean

I am in the market for a good quality .22/250 for under a £1000 and that has got to include sound moderator and scope.

come on guys i will be interested to see what you think

i am interested in the Browning A-bolt with a thumb hole stock

Also what moderator i dont really want a T8 they have a bit to much of a ring to them

i will also be interested to see what you reccomend on the scope front too

Cheers sean :huh:

Are you thinking new or used? Personally I would consider both, but if your pretty new to rifles only buy used from a reputable dealer with a warrenty. :blink:

Personally I think your thinking along the right lines though. The Browning A-Bolt is a well proven solid reliable accurate gun with plently of experience/dealer backup. It's crucially in the right area price wise too (althouhg must admit not too sure on the price of the thumbhole versions). If it were my money I would be looking to spend <£600 on a rifle, ~£200 on a mod and ~£300-£350 on a scope (that part would normally be higher but what with the $:£ rate Leupolds are very good value at present, alternatively buy a used scope :blink:).

Another option though - just had a quick search on guntrader - there is a Sako 75 stainless sythentic in Somerset 'nearly new' for £530 - I would go buy it I were you. :blink:

Edited by Oly

thanks for the reply Oly i decided on a Winchester model 70 coyote lite in .22/250 which cot me £570 (new) and a good quality banner 4200 scope which was £350 new

i am well chuffed with my purchases but thanks for the input

the reason i decided against the A-bolt was its weight bloody heavy :blink:

cheers sean