infra red

supadonk

As the original post was about infra red filters on a Deben lamp, I have one on Tracer mini, which I use in conjunction with the Lidle NV monocular, bloody marvellous, although nowhere near as good as the Archer on a starless night. But no need to detatch my Archer from my scope. Lamping with no visible light, can't beat it.

1 of the farmers who i shoot with has just got an infra red filter for his lamp.It looks all black,but gives off a good beam.

Only thing we found..and would be interested in your views wy111,is that it doesn,t light the eyes up very far out,whereas the laser off the Archer,as you know,does.

This was on rabbits,and of the 2 fox we shot this week,both were dead before he could try it :good:(i wouldn,t wait) although it did light them up afterwards.

Lamp is a cluson.

In reply to the original question,range was very good,but you will need a Nv scope to shoot them with.And it does enhance the range of a Gen 1...farmer uses a Bresser from Lidle and it at least doubles his range.

GH

Only thing we found..and would be interested in your views wy111,is that it doesn,t light the eyes up very far out,whereas the laser off the Archer,as you know,does.

In reply to the original question,range was very good,but you will need a Nv scope to shoot them with.And it does enhance the range of a Gen 1...farmer uses a Bresser from Lidle and it at least doubles his range.

GH

On a good night, probably can get eyes at 150yds with filtered lamp using the Bresser/Lidle, but unfortunately, never measured after shooting fox, mainly because they're never shot where I first see them. On an overcast night, the Archer(Gen3) is in a league of it's own, still good for 250yds +

One thing I've never tried, could be price relevant, is to see what the Archer laser does for vision on the Bresser. Deben do a 100mw ir illuminator for just over £100. Buying lamp/battery and filter, roughly same price. Starlight sell their laser (50mw) for about £250?:good:

Dave

Edited by wy111

GH

On a good night, probably can get eyes at 150yds with filtered lamp using the Bresser/Lidle, but unfortunately, never measured after shooting fox, mainly because they're never shot where I first see them. On an overcast night, the Archer(Gen3) is in a league of it's own, still good for 250yds +

One thing I've never tried, could be price relevant, is to see what the Archer laser does for vision on the Bresser. Deben do a 100mw ir illuminator for just over £100. Buying lamp/battery and filter, roughly same price. Starlight sell their laser (50mw) for about £250?:lol:

Dave

The Deben D5005 IR illum (£119) is 450mW, I have one coupled with a Paladin its the dogs danglys. Only downside its very heavy and sticks/bipod are essential for an accurate shot.

I also use a Max pro with IR filter, but prefer not to have to lug a battery around.

:good: D2D

One thing I've never tried, could be price relevant, is to see what the Archer laser does for vision on the Bresser. Deben do a 100mw ir illuminator for just over £100. Buying lamp/battery and filter, roughly same price. Starlight sell their laser (50mw) for about £250?:lol:

Dave

The furthest i have picked out foxes eyes with the Archer is 451yds,measured with a Leica rangefinder in Ireland a few weeks ago.....was also seen by Connor.

My laser is 120 mw,just checked the stats.Tried it against 1 that John galway uses(not sure on the mw)and it did give more distance(Archer,s that is)

It actually screws straight onto the Bresser unit as they have a thread on the side the same as the lasers fitting.I,ve lent it to the farmer before,he has spotted fox with this set up out to nearly 200yds.He does have a x5 lens adapter fitted also,which was only £30.

It was rabbits eyes we wen,t picking out past about 100yds,maybe just the type of lamp.

Hope all this is helping you SD..not meaning to hijack your thread :oops:

GH

Got a few mates who are wanting a laser for their NV,but don,t want to take the plunge on 1 until they know it will seriously improve their set up....i,ve spoilt them with the Archers laser :sly:

Edited by grasshopper