What air rifle

jmorrisuk

Hi , i am completly new to this, i need to get an air rifle as we have a rodent problem in our garden, i have been told i need a .22 air rifle for best results but i have lookd on the web and im confused, i dont want to spend a fortune as it will not be used all the time about £100 would be ideal, could you please give me some advise and where it would be best to purchase from in essex.

thank you in advance for any help you can give me.

james

Hi,

For that price I would look for a used BSA Lightning or Superspot (essentially the same rifle). If you can manage a little more then a HW95 would be a very good choice. Best place to look for used rifles is airgunbbs.com, airgunforum.com and of course...here!

PS don't be tempted by a cheap Chinese springer, you WILL regret it!

Cheers,

James

On that sort of budget you'll get next to nowt. Brand new you could get the BSA meteor for £149 or the BSA Comet for £160 but you'll be looking second hand for your money which doesn't leave much. Any old Webley or BSA springer should do you if it's just rats and nothing more. Just keep away from SMK or Sports Marketing as they're sometimes called. Offer loads for the money but honestly they're a load of ****. I'm from up north so can't help on the shop but i started a thread called recommend your local gunshop on these pages so check it out there might be something on it. Welcome to PW, enjoy. :hmm:

Welcome to the forum :hmm::good:

As above really, you wont get much for 100 notes really :yes:

You'd be better saving up for a decent 2nd hand rig for another couple of hundred and putting traps down in the meantime. 2nd hand BSA lightning would be a good start for you mate.

Avoid the chinese smk ilk at all costs :(

Welcome to the forum :welcomeani::good:

As above really, you wont get much for 100 notes really :good:

You'd be better saving up for a decent 2nd hand rig for another couple of hundred and putting traps down in the meantime. 2nd hand BSA lightning would be a good start for you mate.

Avoid the chinese smk ilk at all costs B)

i may be wrong but you say he needs to save up a couple of hudred more and then went on to recomend the BSA lightening, correct me if im wrong but a second hand lightnening with a basic scope (no fancy scope needed for ratting i persume?) wouldnt be more than £100 would it?

And yes, stay away from a chinese rifle, especialy if your wanting it for shooting live things