Beretta AL391 urika2 sporting (opinion)

blackbird

Ive got a 391 urika sporting. 12bore, 30inch barrel. I love it. I used to do a lot of clay shooting (skeet & sporting) and would happily get through 250 cartridges in a sunday morning in it with no problems. Its easy to clean/dismantle, light - so you can swing it around quickly. I was going to go for the 28" one but decided on the 30" in the end which was an excellent choice as it seems to give me a smoother swing on the skeet but still is light enough for quickly getting sporting targets.

Ive used dozens of different types of cartridges ranging from 24g to 28g, different shot types, different wads etc.. and never had any problems. I think ive only ever had 2 cartridges which didnt "feed" properly from the mag into the chamber. I now use the cheapest cartridges I can get with no probs.

The gun comes with 2 different pads and you can adjust the stock length / angle with shims in the kit to. It has a full range of chokes depending on what you want which are easy to change. You can fit 2 cartidges in the mag and 1 in the gun, giving you 3 shots. The mechanism reloads the other cartidges litterally as quick as you can pull the trigger. If you have a FAC your gunsmith can remove a restrictor in the mag to give you more shots and you can even get extended mags to give you 10->12 shots.

The quality of the actual workmanship in the gun, like the wood the stock is made of is good and mine still looks ace 5 years after I bought it.

I also have a couple of o/u 12 bores, but always find myself going back to the 391 as im miles quicker with it on the sporting range.

Im not sure what differences there are between mine which I assume might be the urika, and the urika 2.