Real or plastic ?

crookie

Will,

You no the score better than most, being a profesional pigeon guide, Am i that far out on what i charged concidering the days they had and the birds they saw.

Like i said before i take out a few (4-6 clients per year) and that is purely to cover my rent on the land i shoot.

Will,

You no the score better than most, being a profesional pigeon guide, Am i that far out on what i charged concidering the days they had and the birds they saw.

Like i said before i take out a few (4-6 clients per year) and that is purely to cover my rent on the land i shoot.

I say fair play if you can find the guys who are willing to pay for it on that basis!

If the shooters are happy to pay then your a lucky chap, your rent will be paid for in no time.

I've just worked out the best days shooting my dad sold last year worked out at 5.9 pence per shot! And he also pays rent and the rising price of diesel. Mind you I think he is planning to raise his price a tenner next year.

Fisherman mike,

Just an update after my last postings, a guest to the forums contacted me and said that he was being charged £1.25 per case and could he come out with me so i let him shoot the field that i had lined up for you (last friday). So we met at 10:00 and he shot till 18:30 (most shooting late pm) in-between light showers, he killed 178 birds when the dogs had finished picking up and shot just over 50 % he asked that i didnt tell you how many he fired.

The rents nearly paid now so that will leave me to shoot them.

I have just got back from holiday and am now a member of the gang as apposed to a guest.

I see that Martin has been telling you all about our day out, I have only been shooting for a couple of years and i think I learnt more from Martin in a day than I have in a long time.

After a phone call, the time, date and location were sorted and he was waiting for me, I put my gun, cartridges and food into his car and of we went. The hide was all set up and pigeons were all over the field as we approached.

So into the hide quick and I was shooting straight away. As martin said the best was to come, he sat with me all day chatting and when I stopped to eat a sandwich he shot for a while, he dident say he missed 3 on the trot, but by 18:00 I had shot enough and had to go. He picked up all the birds with his trusty dog pickle and the grand total of 178 was counted out.

I just wish that I had taken some photos for you all to see.

Martin (crookie) thanks for a great day I hope we can do it again.

Thanks