Not bad for just

Sundowner

This morning I was a little apprehensive about going out into the field. A friend told me that there weren't too many flying in that area. But the sun came out between snow flurries and so I decided to try. Set up with only 3 ancient pigeons (about 4 weeks old) and within a few minutes I had missed two sitting right in the deeks ( RMS = Red Mist Syndrome !!!! :lol: ).

The next lot, about 5 mins later, gave my Hatsan a double! Nice going! Next thing I know it's snowing again, wind howling, snow comes nearly vertically from the north and low and behold there is a single pigeon, trying to land in the decoys! I got up, it lifted up seeing me, but , tooooo late ! RIght as I admire myself for that shot, I see about 7 others getting out while I am obviously too occupied being proud of myself. More snow with even harsher wind and I retire too the car for a smoke.

I come out in a little less snow fall and decide to pack up just to see another 5 coming in, I am so sure that they saw me, but, they keep coming in, so I duck a little behind my net, stand up, shotty getting tangled in some of it, pigeons see, fly off , but too lat for another one !!! SHot another two but must have only wounded them as even the dog can't find them (it;s close to the river, and they must have made it across !)

While the snow is coming down even harder, I pack up my stuff, but let me tell you, I sure as hell had a lot of fun even though I got only a few!!!!

:lol: :yp: :angry::lol::no:

Edited by Sundowner