what are they feeding on????

coptleigh

Out yesterday in north yorkshire, had a reasonable day, but noticed upon checking the crops of the pigeons we shot, was a varying difference in what they had been eating.

some had Rape only,Clover only, mixture of the two, some had what looked like wheat/Barley?rape and clover

but the most strange thing was what I can only describe as the tops of "Broccoli" in green and reddish colour? with smmaler seeds, that I have not seen before.

:good::sly:

Anybody got any ideas??

cheers

Alan

Out yesterday in north yorkshire, had a reasonable day, but noticed upon checking the crops of the pigeons we shot, was a varying difference in what they had been eating.

some had Rape only,Clover only, mixture of the two, some had what looked like wheat/Barley?rape and clover

but the most strange thing was what I can only describe as the tops of "Broccoli" in green and reddish colour? with smmaler seeds, that I have not seen before.

:good::sly:

Anybody got any ideas??

cheers

Alan

That will be the Purple Sprouting Broccoli most likely .......they are in my garden/veg when they think I am not about

:blink: :good: They will be on the rape now, and be leaving the beans. They will feed on the rape til they can't reach it anymore and then go for the later drilled beans. This is what the farmer told me? So make the most of the rape while you can.