Park lodge shooting school nr selby

Paul LTW

I go (although haven't been for a while now, should be there next saturday, or even Thursday if I can sneak out of work early), think it's a cracking place.

You do get a good feeling when you break them off the big tower. If you're having problems, get yourself a lesson with Nigel, he'll sort you out in no time.

Have they fixed that bloody road yet? Last time I went it looked like somebody had been using it to hone their shelling skills :rolleyes: !

[/quote

I might turn up thurs I like the ground I usually manage 75/100 not bad for an old un

Ive been going here recently, really like the ground, bit of a trek for me but the 140 foot tower has begun to get me addicted, anyone else shoot here?

Homforth??? where is that then? I have been working all round (Summer Wine country), but where is that then???. :rolleyes:

QUOTE(Paul LTW @ Apr 6 2008, 04:08 PM)

Ive been going here recently, really like the ground, bit of a trek for me but the 140 foot tower has begun to get me addicted, anyone else shoot here?

Homforth??? where is that then? I have been working all round (Summer Wine country), but where is that then???.

Ahh yes its close to hddersfield and mahester ;)

Do you shoot out our way? theres not much arable round near me? plenty of clay shooting grounds but clay pigeons dont make decent gravy!

Been here today again, Spot on, Theres some scruffy **** though, we went round and shot and two fellas were in front of us and at every stand they left 10 empty pots each, it takes no effort to stop your ejector and throw em in the bin, or shoot your ejector straight in the bin, its just bad manners really.

Been here today again, Spot on, Theres some scruffy **** though, we went round and shot and two fellas were in front of us and at every stand they left 10 empty pots each, it takes no effort to stop your ejector and throw em in the bin, or shoot your ejector straight in the bin, its just bad manners really.

might have been me and my mate.

we shoot auto's and both have athritic backs if they want us to pick up cartridges they should provide magnets

greystone wood /brandsburton /thimbleby all do it we never leave a cartridge case at any of these grounds.

we are both well mannered. but the clubs could help themselves by catering for people with disabillities. :hmm:

Oh Dear oh dear, Looking at your pic it wasnt you this was two fellas with O/u's that most certainly didn't have arthritic backs (although you never know!) i'm sure the ground make allowances in cases like yours and your mate, agree totally that for people with disabilities they should have provision. But for people in a fit state it really isn't cricket.

Oh Dear oh dear, Looking at your pic it wasnt you this was two fellas with O/u's that most certainly didn't have arthritic backs (although you never know!) i'm sure the ground make allowances in cases like yours and your mate, agree totally that for people with disabilities they should have provision. But for people in a fit state it really isn't cricket.

Very well backpedalled my man :hmm:

:) Im not out to wind people up but for me why should you treat a ground as a tip? at my local shoots i wouldnt dream of leaving empty pots or anything else kicking about so why would it be any different at the larger grounds? Granted grounds should make provision for people with disabilities but these people are the minority, its the average punter who should respect the ground and tidy up after themselves. If I were out shooting quarry and left a bag of empty pots on show i'd be barred from the land.

don,t worry paul last week 3 of us went up to thimbleby 2 usig semies and 1 an o/u we took a magnet from the club and picked up an average of 50 cases from most stands a young couple shot in front of us using o/u

and ejected the empies over the shoulder. we followed and picked up for them when they came back I said dont worry about your empty cases we will pick em up.

no reply. at our local club we have a magnet. no problems.