Semi auto woodwork

Mitch

Hi all

Just got me a new semi, the woodwork is bare, I have just stained it all and can`t decide wether to wax polish or oil.

Any advice on the pro`s and cons of either would be apreciated.

Cheers !

cant give you any advice but as my auto has taken on so many deep scratches im going to strip the woodwork back and stain it and WAX it. All my side-by-sides are oiled but as the forestock wood is so thin im worried that if i alter the moisture content by oiling it ...it might change shape because it is so thin, hence my choice to stain it then wax it to keep the moisture out....i also need to stain it as the forestock is a differant shade from the butt.....

comment anyone ?

ditchman ;)

Yeh could be right there ! temted to go for oil

Cheers !

Just to make things really complecated, on one of my s/s i stripped of the yucky varnish and found "tiger stripes" in the wood on the butt, so i carefully burnt the stock to bring them out using a blow lamp and alchohol, then oiled it, it came out a treat....but as i said before the wood on the forstock where it butts up to the action is very thin so you must think carefully about what you are going to do with that, have a word with your gunsmith for some "rubbing oil" it takes a long time to rub it in as it needs the warmth of your hands, this can be done infrount of the TV over several nights ....but woow what a finish it will give you.