Cleaning / Servicing a rifle

reedbradshaw

How do you service yours ?

what products / methods do you recomend ?

its a PCP rifle i dont really fancy taking the rifle apart completely either for possible safety risks!!!

im not too fussed about the odd scratches or dents on the stock as i use this gun for vermin control only so its bound to get a little ragged around the edges!!

Many Thanks

Reed :good:

Edited by reedbradshaw

Personally I wipe the exterior with a silicone cloth after every use before I put it away, and clean the barrel with pull throughs every 500 pellets or so.

As for servicing the internals, I would take it to a shop and have a gunsmith do it. It can be done yourself, but personally I would rather pay a professional. Saying that, I do believe in the old adage "if it ain't broke, don't try to fix it", so unless you are having problems I would leave it alone.

Hope it helps,

Dan

Sorry to disagree, but boresnakes are not recommended for air rifles, the brass brushes in them are likely to damage the rifling.

Air rifle barrels don't get as dirty as rimfire and centerfire (no powder residue), so a boresnake is just overkill. A couple of pull throughs with white spirit, followed by a clean one to dry and another with some oil on is all you need.

Cheers

Dan