Brocock Air cartridges

Mattw

Hi All I was looking for a bit of advice.

I understand that when our glorious government banned the gun firing the brocock Tac's the said you need an Fac to own one. but that you didnt need to have a good reason to own it.

In which case was this only for Tac's firing t 12ftlb or was this for all of them? I really like the idea of a brocock predator, but dont really have the land for an FAC.

Does anyone know what the up to date status is for these guns?

Thanks in advance

Matt

ive heard of these brocock firing systems before but dont fully understand them.

how does the mechanism work ? im guessing from the title that it uses compressed air but are they charged like a PCP?

and secondly, why did the government decide to ban them and not normal air rifles? can they be converted to fire full bore or something ?

was the range simular to a 12ftlb rifle or a rimmie etc?

just wanting to increase my understanding :good:

many thanks

Reed

The Brocock cartridges are similar in appearance to regular bullets, but contain compressed air rather than an explosive. They can be charged either by a bottle or a pump.

The most popular Brococks were their range of pistol revolvers.

The reason they were banned is the Government claimed the pistols could be adapted to fire live rounds (although this would likely result in the pistol exploding)

If you already owned one at the time of the ban you could continue to do so, but it had to be licenced. It is illegal to sell or swap them, if you want rid of one it has to be handed in and destroyed. To all intents and purposes they are now a section 5 prohibited weapon.

what a brilliant idea !

could the carts be reused?

just had a quick search on wikipedia.org and it seems that the Met did find a pistol which had been converted to fire .22 rimfire.

yet again it seems some no brainer ruins it for everyone. i sincerly hope that this doesnt ever happen with air rifles, but all it takes is some wannabe gangsta killing someone with one and its all over... :rolleyes: