Getting Land

Kev

When looking for land to shoot you will get a lot of knock backs.  DON'T give up I was looking for land with my mate Lazza we had some possible success at a large estate for after the game season but not much else after nearly three hours and loads of farms searched I was getting fed up.  Lazza said we should try one more farm very close to my home and if no success we would try again next week. :)

Well to my surprise the farm said Yes and had we got the kit with us to start straight away (doh we didn’t so always be prepared) so we start on the land the next Saturday and i've since been over to have a look and well stacks of Pigeons. :)

I have recently moved down to Weybridge in Surrey from the Midlands and am desperatley trying to find some land on which to shoot woodies or corvids and the like.

If any one out there has land and needs a partner or who knows of a farmer looking for pest control or anything that might assist me getting some shooting I would be very grateful.

Thanks

e-mail = carl.bennett@pendragon.uk.com

Well  Me and Lazza shot the new land today and met a couple of other shooters.  One was a real ok guy but the other was a miserable old ***.  It pays to be nice as we now have the possibility of an invite to some more land where as the misery guts is going to sit and stew.  So always be polite and friendly as there is enough for all.  Good shooting.

Kev

• 5 weeks later...

Well just thought id let you guys know.  On mine and Lazza’s scouting trip we came across a farm that was massive in excess of 2000 acres growing everything from Rape to Peas Brussels to potatoes.  When we asked at the farm we spoke to the owner’s father who said he couldn’t give us permission and passed on the son’s phone number.  Unfortunately he said he was fixed up although we spotted lots of pigeons enjoying his crops a no shooters.  But say la vie.

Well to try and cut along storey short.  The other day I was asked if I would go and look at a PC for the parents of a student as it had died and there farm was in the middle of all this land.  Unfortunately when I got there it was all beef and sheep, but I found the fault with the PC and arranged to repair it at cost price for the parts and petrol money while there I gave them a card with my details on but the only one I had with me was for pigeon shooting (hint hint). I went back today to fix it and they told me about this farmer friend he was talking to the other day who had a lot of land and was having a pigeon problem, so he his taking myself and ill drag Lazza along to introduce this Sunday.  And yes it’s the same farmer who said no.  So be polite because you never know what’s around the corner.

Ill let you know how what happens Sunday.  Here’s hoping

Kev

:)  :)   :)