Ferreting in Harrogate/Ripon Area

stevematthews79

Hi people. When I lived up in Cumbria I got into ferreting (got shown the basics by a friend), however I'll health and other circumstances meant a move back to yorkshire and I couldn't keep my ferrets. I used to take my duaghter with me from the age of 18 months, and she absolutely loved it. In fact, rabbit was the only meat she'd eat for 2 years and only then if she had caught them, cleaned them and helped me cook them. I was wondering if there was anyone that ferrets in the local area that would fancy coming to my permission one day when I have my daughter for a bit of ferreting (She is 5 now). I know its a bit cheeky, but as they say up North, shy bairns get nowt! I have about 30 hemps net that I could bring along, and tho I don't drive were you able to come here I would pay your petrol as a thank you. I would love to see the knowledge of traditional country sports suchg as ferreting and Air Rifles passed on to the next generation.

Look forward to getting any replies.

Thanks in advance

Steve :good: