wont work together

KennyB

i have two springers harry and barney ,they are three and a half years old . i have this problem with harry who seems to be the most dominant one,when there out working together ,( ive been picking up now for the last three seasons )barney will do any thing thats ask of him a truly remarkable dog but harry has this fault he will retrive and leave the bird ,15yards from me if the other one is close by, When iam out with them walking i can thro a stick and they both go for it if harry gets it first he will sit about 15/20 yards away as soon as i tell the other one to stay he will retrive to hand

but not when barney is close by,, apart from that he will obey all my commands whistle,hand etc no problem there,they are half brothers and i got them at 9 and 12 weeks old .. someone told me to bring one one week and the other the next, but thats not for me where i go my dogs go so to speak, i was once on a shoot where i saw a guy working 5 of them a plesure to watch if any ones got any suggestions or experienced similar could you plaese let me know

kenny :good:

Do you kennel/keep them together?. Dose the other get picked on you know of. Quite a funny one & you might just have to do a bit dummy work if they still do dummies. I would work on the one you have bother with for a few days & once happy introduce the other & copy the prob you have. The other might just need his confidence built up as the other dog has an edge on him.

hi vmax thanks for your reply,yes they are together 24/7 they are out all day and come in at night, they generally get on fine in 31/2 years ive to had to break them t up twice, usually it has been over a stick but it has not happened for nearly 2 years, i think your suggestion of spending some extra time with him sounds good and i think ive still got the dummies some where,, its a shame realy as i know he can do it,hes complely differant to the other one who is a steady fellow, but harry is very hypo and very head strong have to keep on top of him, as ive said before its a shame he will not retrive to hand when the other ones close by

kenny :good:

Edited by kenny5406