beretta and miroku

hotshots

hi i wonder is anyone could halp me with something

i am keen to get a beretta silver pigeon 687 sporter but have not been able to try one out of even try one for fit as there is no one at my local that shoots with one, what i was wondering is if anyone knew how they mesured up in fit compared to a miroku mk 38 sporter as i have exsperience of these.

just to get a better idea untill i get the chance to see one for myself.

i am a pretty big bloke (6 foot 2 with broad shoulders and so on if thats any help)

I've not used the Miroku, but I've just started clay shooting and I've bought the Beretta. I too am 6'2 and I'm a largish build. The gun is a Silver Pigeon 3 with 28" barrels and I'm getting on very well with it. The fit and feel are perfect. I guess you won't know for sure untill you handle one, but I love mine if that helps!

I've not used the Miroku, but I've just started clay shooting and I've bought the Beretta. I too am 6'2 and I'm a largish build. The gun is a Silver Pigeon 3 with 28" barrels and I'm getting on very well with it. The fit and feel are perfect. I guess you won't know for sure untill you handle one, but I love mine if that helps!

cheers Jim

Im pretty new to it too and that is exactly the gun im looking at but with 30" barrels, from what im told i think i will get on well with it but its always nice to get a few more opinions,its a stunning looking gun too for the money.

does yours have the satin oil finish? what does this look like, and there any chance of seeing a pic of the finish? :yp:

:yp: I own a beretta 686e and a miroku mk38 both 30 inch barrels

neither have been touched by a saw so are standard stocks, the miroku

is slightly shorter than the beretta and the buttpad is curved rather than

straight like the beretta,Im 6 foot medium framed and shoot just as well

with either gun although the miroku patterns a lot lower than the beretta,

i/e I have to shoot the clays underneath, and can blank them with the beretta.

I am more comfortable with the berettas slightly longer stock and feel.

Hope this helps but trying would be better :lol: both cracking guns by the way.

:yp: I own a beretta 686e and a miroku mk38 both 30 inch barrels

neither have been touched by a saw so are standard stocks, the miroku

is slightly shorter than the beretta and the buttpad is curved rather than

straight like the beretta,Im 6 foot medium framed and shoot just as well

with either gun although the miroku patterns a lot lower than the beretta,

i/e I have to shoot the clays underneath, and can blank them with the beretta.

I am more comfortable with the berettas slightly longer stock and feel.

Hope this helps but trying would be better :lol: both cracking guns by the way.

one thing i did find with the miroku mk38s i have tried is that the stock did feel a bit short to me and like you say you do have to aim a bit lower with them too so maybe the beretta could be a better option for me also, not that there is anything wrong with the miroku as another guy said they are great guns and they are just i seem to be having a simular problem to you.

i tried a beretta auto and that felt really nice to mount and the fit felt good, but again just felt a bit short for me in the stock but this was due to it having a small but pad and set up for a small built man.

hopefully this sunday i will get to try another beretta semi auto and that might give me a slightly better idea of how the berettas feel!

thanks for the replys everyone by the way!

Yes mine is the oiled finish, nice bit of wood too. Give me a moment I'll try to rustle up a couple of pics :yp:

cheers for sorting the pics out! thats a stunning looking gun you have there :lol: is that the standard oil finish that comes with them? as from what i know i belive they come in satin oil ,but yours looks quite glossy! and is that a pretty common figureing in the wood? the one i saw on the beretta website didnt look anything as nice and that one! but then again i have seen a few in online shops that have simular figureing :lol:

It doesn't look as glossy as that in the flesh, I guess its the flash from the camera that makes it look glossy.

The woodwork is a bit of a lottery, I hadn't gone to buy when I saw mine (hadn't even got my licence through) It was so nice, and fitted me so well I bought it on the spot. Had to leave it at the shop till my paperwork came through :yp: