BSA SuperSport .22 cal Question

RichardJ

Hi, just bought my first .22 a BSA SuperSport, please could someone tell me the name of the thing at the end of the barrel (that looks like a silencer) its use and purpose? Also I've noticed it turns / screws around, is there a specific reason for this? :D Many thanks for any help!! :lol: :lol:

Edited by RichardJ

The Supersport Carbine a few years ago had a muzzle weight on the end of the barrel (same as the one fitted to the Goldstar and MK2 Superstar) It shouldn't spin round though, it will have a plug in the end that can be unscrewed and BSA's silencer fitted if required.

Hi thanks for replys it does actually screw off but when screwed on doesnt screw tight, just is left able to turn, so thought it may be like that for a reason :D below are a few pics to help just click to enlarge

super1fk7.th.jpg super2cz0.th.jpg

Sure its a Supersport? Ive been browsing in the shop and they had nothing like that at the muzzle.The Lightnings have a moderator but its fixed.Someone will explain soon . :D

Hi yep sure its a supersport it says it on the barrel :lol: ive put some pics above to help, thanks for the reply :lol:

The Supersport Carbine a few years ago had a muzzle weight on the end of the barrel (same as the one fitted to the Goldstar and MK2 Superstar) It shouldn't spin round though, it will have a plug in the end that can be unscrewed and BSA's silencer fitted if required.

Hi mate, i've added some pics above, is it the "muzzle weight" that is circled? or is it a silencer? :P thanks :lol:

Edited by RichardJ

Hi Mate

Yes that is a barrel weight, It's the same as on my old Supersport Carbine, it shouldnt move round though, is there a grub screw on it? Cant remember if there is just give it a tighten. There will be a plastic cap on the end of the barrel weight (well there was on mine!) unscrew this and as mentioned above it is threaded for a silencer - BSA and a few other companies make them and they are are cheap as chips! Dont expect miracles though as it is a springer so you wont notice much difference at your end.

Hope this helps... :yes:

Hi Mate

Yes that is a barrel weight, It's the same as on my old Supersport Carbine, it shouldnt move round though, is there a grub screw on it? Cant remember if there is just give it a tighten. There will be a plastic cap on the end of the barrel weight (well there was on mine!) unscrew this and as mentioned above it is threaded for a silencer - BSA and a few other companies make them and they are are cheap as chips! Dont expect miracles though as it is a springer so you wont notice much difference at your end.

Hope this helps... :good:

Hey Nick thanks V much!! ???:hmm: cant see a grub screw might just use a bit of duck tape :hmm: CHEERS!! :hmm: :hmm: :lol: