3-7x20 Scope for my .22

RichardJ

Just bought this scope off ebay for £20 delivered, know i should have only paid £10-15 but got a bit carried away!! :blink:

EBAY LINK

Anyway it's for my .22 BSA SuperSport, please could someone tell me what sort of distances (to start with) i should be shooting with this scope? total novice here :hmm: also what do the 3-7X20 mean exactly? Thanks v much in advance for any help! :sick:

ime waiting for highlander and his one man mission to educate new shooters be for they get a gun :blink:

the scope will be a cheap import but it is only as good as the person be hind it imo it will be fine for your gun but a bigger obj would dbl better

4-7 is the magnification and the 20mm is the size of the lenz at the other end of the scope that you look thru (objective lense)

hope this helps

ime waiting for highlander and his one man mission to educate new shooters be for they get a gun :blink:

the scope will be a cheap import but it is only as good as the person be hind it imo it will be fine for your gun but a bigger obj would dbl better

4-7 is the magnification and the 20mm is the size of the lenz at the other end of the scope that you look thru (objective lense)

hope this helps

yep highseas helps alot cheers :hmm: any idea of the accuracy range, like how close to the target would be too close to use the scope and how far to the target would be too far ? or is it just trail and error? :sick:

Edited by RichardJ

ok, when i look down the scope the target seems even further away than looking by eye?? :good: turning the magnification between 3 and 7X seems to make no difference whatsoever :sly: i was kind of expecting a close up view of the target... do i need a more powerful scope or have i set it up wrong, any ideas / help would be greatly appreciated :good:

The scope looks identical to one I have had for 30+ years

Should be a 3x to 7x zoom operated by the ring just ahead of the eyebell.

Integral clamp to fix the scope to the receiver.

20mm diameter objective lens

Sits quite low (due to the small objective lens) so tends to to hold it's zero over a reasonable range of ditances.

Integral clamp on mine is worn, so too over-prone to scope creep to ever be useable again & retained only for sentimental reasons

There are better optics around these days for only £30 (new) so whilst you have a competent piece of glass (subject to the zoom actually working) it's not quite cutting edge technology & the feild of view is quite limited due to the small objective lense.

Sorry to say, it wouldn't have been my first choice.

I've no reason to suppose it to be a fake, just quite an old model that probably has quite a thick 3 bar gate reticle (German reticle?)

Edited by SteveieP