zero

Sorry Sapper but that doesn't make sense to me. Can you explain the problem in more detail please, exactly what you did from the beginning. I am presuming you've zeroed the rifle by setting out a target at 60 yards and had the bullets hit where you had the crosshairs on the target. I'm also presuming your scope has a parrallax adjustment and that this is what you set on the scope for 60 yards? Is the parrallax adjustment what you're asking about? Or maybe if the scope has target style turrets are you asking about those? What make and model scope is it please?

Sorry, I am confused mate.

I'm going to guess that your previous shooting experience is with a shottie - if I've got this wrong please forgive me.

Your "zero" refers to zero hold over or under at a certain distance with your particular barrel length, caliber, bullet type and brand. Most people I know would typically use a 22lr subsonic round at between 30 yards and 70 yards when hunting bunnies. I lamp quite a lot over undulating fields and find 50 yards to be more of an average distance than your 60 yards - but there is more to my particular set up that would complicate this thread and take it off topic.

That 50 yard distance is my PRIMARY zero - where the bullet is losing height through a trajectory curve relative to the view through my scope which is probably about 2 inches above the barrel. The bullet passes through the scope view on the way up the curve too. The point at which the bullet passes through the scope on its way up the trajectory curve is about 22 yards with my set-up, so that distance would be my SECONDARY zero.

I don't get too pedantic at exact distances but the bullet is within an inch of the zero from about 15 yards to about 65 yards. At either end of those distances a certain amount of hold over would get the bullet into the kill zone of a rabbit.

No doubt other members will add to this for you - some of them will be using a 60 yard zero and will describe their setups and reasoning.

I HAVE A MTC MAMBA 4-16X50 I WAS ADVISED TO SET IT AT 60YDS AND MAGNIFICATION AT 16. TARGET 60 YARDS AWAY FIRED ROUNDS UNTIL I HAD ADJUSTED SCOPE HITING DEAD CENTRE. OK SO FAR WENT BACK ANOTHER 10 YDS =70 YDS NO DEVIATION. WENT BACK ANOTHER 10YDS-80 YDS 1.INCHDROP

DO I PUT YARDAGE ON SCOPE BACK TO ZERO OR LEAVE IT AT 60YDS AND WHAT WOULD YOU SET MAGNIFICATION AT

2/IF YOUR ON FULL MAGNIFICATION 16 AND THE RABBITS AT 60YDS WOULD IT ALTER WHERE THE ROUND HIT OR WOULD IT HIT SAME SPOT SET AT 8 MAG

THIS IS ALL NEW TO ME SCOPES THAT IS.

(2) The crosshairs should remain constantly on the tatget regardless of scope magniication. You don't say what retical the Mamba has. If it has dots they will move closer or further apart as the magication is adjusted.

(1) Sounds like you got some good advice - now leave the zero alone mate. Here is a thread that may help you out:

click

Edited by Dave-G