Anyone got a Pedretti Hushpower 20g

sitsinhedges

Sorry dont have the 20g only the 12 but cant imagine a great deal of difference.I am told the 20g is the quietest due to the moderator being bigger in proportion with the calibre etc. The gun itself is basic. The hiccups I have had with mine were sorted out extremely well by the Saddlery and Gunroom.They admit the gun isnt without flaws but being a folder it is normal gun length and weight,pretty much due to no forend. Expect the 20 to be a bit lighter obviously. You can have the choke opened to 1/2 or so by them. Eley do the 12 and 410 subsonics and I think Gamebore do the 20g in 5 for the S and G. I am always posting about my 12g hushpuppy but for me its the difference between shooting and not at certain times of day and am doing better all the time.I use mine for everything and being about 25% (in my opinion) the noise compared to normal SG you can hear a satisfying whack when you hit a crow.Subsonics kill very dead BTW despite waht you might hear.1050 fps is plenty velocity.You need a spell to get used to the aiming and of course its single shot.If it is any significance I have the Pedretti in .410 on order. The S and G have a Ped in 12g on their website second hand.

Sorry my technical knowledge is lacking but this is my experience of the 12g for what it is worth.I looked into the 20g and nearly bought one but along came the 12g. Someone will come along with the specifics but pm me if I can help any or post.

http://www.saddleryandgunroom.co.uk/hushpower.htm

Edited by vole21

I've got a few questions I would like to ask about the spec.

Thanks in advance :lol:

Sorry dont have the 20g only the 12 but cant imagine a great deal of difference.I am told the 20g is the quietest due to the moderator being bigger in proportion with the calibre etc. The gun itself is basic. The hiccups I have had with mine were sorted out extremely well by the Saddlery and Gunroom.They admit the gun isnt without flaws but being a folder it is normal gun length and weight,pretty much due to no forend. Expect the 20 to be a bit lighter obviously. You can have the choke opened to 1/2 or so by them. Eley do the 12 and 410 subsonics and I think Gamebore do the 20g in 5 for the S and G. I am always posting about my 12g hushpuppy but for me its the difference between shooting and not at certain times of day and am doing better all the time.I use mine for everything and being about 25% (in my opinion) the noise compared to normal SG you can hear a satisfying whack when you hit a crow.Subsonics kill very dead BTW despite waht you might hear.1050 fps is plenty velocity.You need a spell to get used to the aiming and of course its single shot.If it is any significance I have the Pedretti in .410 on order. The S and G have a Ped in 12g on their website second hand.

Sorry my technical knowledge is lacking but this is my experience of the 12g for what it is worth.I looked into the 20g and nearly bought one but along came the 12g. Someone will come along with the specifics but pm me if I can help any or post.

http://www.saddleryandgunroom.co.uk/hushpower.htm

I read on the S+G review that the 12g has 5 pairs of half inch diameter ports drilled into the barrel, is this true, are they really that big? I own the .410 version and there are 5 pairs of 4mm ports. What size ports would the 20g version have :good:

BTW the Pedretti .410 version is a really nice gun at 28" total of barrel, shame they are changing them for a loooooong 37" Baikal now.

ATB

Cleaning the 12 yesterday theyre nowhere near 1/2 inch,more like 3-4mm in 5 pairs at 6 and 12 o,clock. Should guess the 20g something similar? Ta for the good news on the .410. Have it on order from another rfd so taking them at their word. They say its based on a Diana s/b but adapted by Hushpower. Never heard of a Diana SG but I know theyve made good airguns for ages. He said it was similar to the Pedretti. Desperately need it for close range rabbit. The 12 was damaging them too much. Would be interested in seeing how the 20 is if you get one.