Smoothest springer ever?

kevmar

have you ever loaded and shot a hw/theoben 90?.smooooth baby.

I'm thinking of getting a Theoben gas ram for my HW80.Is it really a good improvement then?

At the mo it has a lot of recoil, and is quite noisy, from the reports, I'd assume the upgrade would make this a little better.

But, is it worth the £120 extra? - the gun only cost £120!

Alan, the conversion that you need for your 80 is very different from the 90 in that the 80 conversion is a gas strut rather than a gas ram that is built with the 90.the princible is the same,but with one or two differances,like the inertia piston and the zefer piston grooves are machined into the action rather than the piston crown.but the end result is smooth cocking,realy fast lock time,(twice that of a pre-charged),consistency within 1-2 fps,All this results in a very accurate rifle.So yes,if i was you and i wanted to improve my 80,Iwould buy the upgrade.power that never changes,no more twangy springs that get worse as it wears out.My mate has got one in his,that was three years ago,still the same power but a little quieter if you ask me. hope this helps alan.catcha, ...phil. ps you cant alter the power on the strut,but you can on the ram.

• 4 weeks later...
Alan, the conversion that you need for your 80 is very different from the 90 in that the 80 conversion is a gas strut rather than a gas ram that is built with the 90.the princible is the same,but with one or two differances,like the inertia piston and the zefer piston grooves are machined into the action rather than the piston crown.but the end result is smooth cocking,realy fast lock time,(twice that of a pre-charged),consistency within 1-2 fps,All this results in a very accurate rifle.So yes,if i was you and i wanted to improve my 80,Iwould buy the upgrade.power that never changes,no more twangy springs that get worse as it wears out.My mate has got one in his,that was three years ago,still the same power but a little quieter if you ask me. hope this helps alan.catcha, ...phil. ps you cant alter the power on the strut,but you can on the ram.

Hey Phil,

Would you recommend a gas strut over a Venom stage 1 kit for the HW 80K? Also, is it possible to get a strut that takes the power level to about 20ft/lbs, or would I be better off getting a Venom Maglaza tune kit?

I have a brand new HW80k in .20 cal.

Cheers

Zulu