holmfirth shooing school closure

Kirklees council and others.

In the examiner recently Kirklees council announced the spending of millions or was it billions of £s to reconstruct the town centre, to attract new businesses to our area.

Yet this same council has allowed the closure of a very valuable 40 years old bussiness namely the Holmfirth shooting school.

This valuable facility as been hounded out of existence by a small minded minority,

Who Kirklees chose to listen to.

Why. These shooting schools provide a valuable service, taking youngsters off the streets and giving them a goal in life.

The hinchliffe family have provided a valuable asset to holmfirth for the past 40 years or so.

Bringing in people from all over the country to shoot and learn to shoot. Whilst staying in the local area, and bringing in revenue. Some of these people have gone on to shoot for England..

Now Kirklees are not the only guilty councils it is happening all over the country.

Small minded beurocrats who listen to minority groups rather than listen to their electors.

Perhaps the time has come to put a stop to this unhealthy practice where councils are allowed to take sides of minority groups and think for a change of whats best for the local communities.

Clay shooting is a superb outlet for the youngsters and gives them a sense of discipline.

The home secretary could do well to take note. We have a clay shooting discipline in the olympic games

Are we going to allow this to be taken away from us due to small minded people. Who have nothing better to do than gripe and complain.

Kirklees sit up take note and get your act together.

Peter - I had not heard about the closure of Holmfirth. When and why did this happen? I have known the Hinchcliffes for 30 years and a more decent family you wouldn't find. It was a real blow losing John so relatively recently, but closing the Shooting School - adding insult to injury.

Peter - I had not heard about the closure of Holmfirth. When and why did this happen? I have known the Hinchcliffes for 30 years and a more decent family you wouldn't find. It was a real blow losing John so relatively recently, but closing the Shooting School - adding insult to injury.

closed about 4 weeks back

they had been recieving complaints about noise from a few neighbours who had got together rot their souls

and the local council put up a case, it cost fionna several thousand to fight the case but in the end she decided enough was enough the **** of humanity won another round. thanks to kirklees council.

Peter - last night I felt quite angry about the protesters. Now I feel sorry for them. The Shooting School has been around for over 30 years that I know about. Neighbours from that time would have grown up with it. It is more likely to be newcomers. The ground was there before them. Part of country life disappearing down the drain to satisfy a few yuppies. I hope they hang their heads in shame, for piling more misery on the Hinchcliffe's so soon after John's untimely death.

I am proud to have known the Hinchcliffes and thankful I do not know their objecting neighbours.

Edited by Gordon R

I'm a long time viewer of the forum, first time poster.

I went to Holmfirth Shooting School about 8 months ago for a lesson, with the intent to take more if i took a liking to the sport.

My tutor on the day was top notch, and informed me about the owners illness (which i am sorry to hear of his passing) as well as a history on the school, and the success stories the school has had.

After my lesson (i hit over half, which i didn't think was too bad) i wanted to go back for more, but got forced out of my job by the vindictive management - but thats a different story altogether.

To learn of the schools closure is sad, as i wanted to get started in the sport and do not know of any other local schools or shoots that will provide tuition. It was a top quality local school/shoot that will be missed by many.

This is another disgusting case of how councils will try to please a few at the cost of many, which is becoming far too common.

I may be only 24, but the trend of people my age buying houses out of town is rediculous. Going on to complain about a family business that has been going for decades is disgusting, even worse still that their moaning was heard by the council and made into action. I hope they have trouble sleeping at night.

If i had of had the chance to buy a house around there i would have been like a pig in muck - not petitioning the council to close it down because of a bit of noise.

If anyone could suggest any other shoots or schools it would be appreciated.

Again, my condolence to the family, and may John rest in peace.

closed about 4 weeks back

they had been recieving complaints about noise from a few neighbours who had got together rot their souls

and the local council put up a case, it cost fionna several thousand to fight the case but in the end she decided enough was enough the **** of humanity won another round. thanks to kirklees council.

Pack of ********, the lot of them.

Robert

I'm a long time viewer of the forum, first time poster.

I went to Holmfirth Shooting School about 8 months ago for a lesson, with the intent to take more if i took a liking to the sport.

My tutor on the day was top notch, and informed me about the owners illness (which i am sorry to hear of his passing) as well as a history on the school, and the success stories the school has had.

After my lesson (i hit over half, which i didn't think was too bad) i wanted to go back for more, but got forced out of my job by the vindictive management - but thats a different story altogether.

To learn of the schools closure is sad, as i wanted to get started in the sport and do not know of any other local schools or shoots that will provide tuition. It was a top quality local school/shoot that will be missed by many.

This is another disgusting case of how councils will try to please a few at the cost of many, which is becoming far too common.

I may be only 24, but the trend of people my age buying houses out of town is rediculous. Going on to complain about a family business that has been going for decades is disgusting, even worse still that their moaning was heard by the council and made into action. I hope they have trouble sleeping at night.

If i had of had the chance to buy a house around there i would have been like a pig in muck - not petitioning the council to close it down because of a bit of noise.

If anyone could suggest any other shoots or schools it would be appreciated.

Again, my condolence to the family, and may John rest in peace.

look up my website digs and give either me or ben a ring,

http://www.peters-eaters.co.uk/index.htm you can come and shoot with us and have a few lessons if you want

them