A lack of cosistancey

Mutley

Maybe a built in spell checker (chequer) is required.

I freely admit I am the worlds worst speller, worse than that I leave whole words out of sentences.

So I clicked on the iSpell checker at the top right of this box and have just downloaded it to try.

Time will tell if it works, it won't replace missing words though so I will have to check for those manually :o

The problem with the spell checker is that it will want to change correct spelling to the American way, and the use of the wrong spelling of a word i.e. Chequer instead of checker, it ignores as it is spelled correctly. Apart from that it works fine. :blush:

Ensure your spell checker is using an english(UK) dictionary not English(US) then you should get colour not color.

M.

Damn that's good i only get mine in BLACK! :stupid:

what no colour

Edited by MGMan

I freely admit I am the worlds worst speller, worse than that I leave whole words out of sentences.

So I clicked on the iSpell checker at the top right of this box and have just downloaded it to try.

Time will tell if it works, it won't replace missing words though so I will have to check for those manually :P

The problem with the spell checker is that it will want to change correct spelling to the American way, and the use of the wrong spelling of a word i.e. Chequer instead of checker, it ignores as it is spelled correctly. Apart from that it works fine. :P

Ensure your spell checker is using an english(UK) dictionary not English(US) then you should get colour not color.

M.

:blush::stupid: Errr, hmmmm, it seems to be ok now that I have done that,............... :o

Ta MGM, and if anyone else has the same problem, right click the tick and select; options, languages, englishUK.

Time will tell if it works, it won't replace missing words though so I will have to check for those manually :P

Not forgetting your terrible grammar and appalling syntax. Apostrophes are our friends, and should not be shunned or feared :P :o .

In all seriousness, this site has a pretty sensible modding (is that a word?) policy that works very well in my opinion and keeps everything ticking along quite smoothly. The perfect balance is obviously impossible to achieve but overall the mods do a good job that must be a little thankless at times.

Interestingly Stuart I have the same filter policy as you do. See Chards name, bingo bango, next post. Life's just too short :P:P:P:blush::stupid: .

Robert

Speaking from my point of view:

We try to cover as much of the forum as possible, but can't get to each an every post. We do rely on members to report posts where necessary.

As individuals we all have our own views and opinions. This as a whole makes for a better administration team where we strive to provide balance and reason to most issues. But as we are individuals we perhaps have different levels to when something tips the scale.

Some topics can build very quickly. Where our attention is else where it is possible that unacceptable content can be missed for a short while.

I would like to say though, if you have to ask if a post is acceptable, then it probably isn't.