bsa meteor scope mount

shotgun sam

I put a Nikko Stirling Mount Master which comes with mounts, on my Mk2. Good value for money and worked well. I didn't have any problems. You should be fine with a decent set of mounts, something like the Hawke Sport mounts at around £25, should do you.

• 3 weeks later...

I've got a Mk4 Meteor (amongst others) & they're absolute swines for kicking off the scope mounts.

You wouldn't think it for a little gun that puts out just 8fpe.

Must be that the dovetails aren't cut deep enough or something.

I had success with a 2 piece mount, but put a scope arrestor block behind the rearmost mount.

You might not have enough room on the dovetail with a one piece mount (plus arrestor block), so you could give the original 2 piece mounts a try plus the arrestor.

It's a couple of years since I bought it for about £7 quid from Euroguns at Doncaster.

I don't use the Meteor much these days, but it will have fired a few hundred pellets & everything is still in place

The mount is a single piece with an arrestor it is not really a dovetail but two raised pieces of metal built into the main cylinder (you can see daylight through them) as a youngster I never saw any airgun like that they were either dovetails or a raised solid metal plate. The scopes and mounts work well on my old ASI airsporter

The 'raised peices of metal' are your dovetails and you should be able to see clearly that they have dovetail edges. If they have not then they have been worn down through bad fitting or servicing. I would take the gun to your local gunsmith and have him take a look for you.