Olympics 2012

Oly

With all the venues (bar a couple of football matches) based down in the South East - how are the 2012 Olympics benefitting people north of Watford???

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/other_spor...012/3241188.stm

Err...can I have my money back please?!?

And not wanting to bring up the whole Woolwich Barracks shooting venue fiasco again, but could the shooting fraternaty not use the venue so much before and after the Olympics that they are forced to keep it open - the same as the The Dome.

No. Remember that politicians don't like guns (as a rule) and so I doubt we'll be able to use such a "special" place before the games, probably because we'll make it dirty.

After that, they'll want to get it down as soon as possible in case people complain about the noise.

The dome is a very special white elephant. They _have_ to keep it.

Just a little question...

we all know any firearm with total length of 60Cm or less and or barrel of 30Cm or less is a pistol and therefore banned for every LAW ABIDING citezen. ALthough 100% legal for any yobbo wishing to kill his girlfriend it seems.

All joking aside, will the pistol competitions be held somwhere else or will an allowence be made?

With all the venues (bar a couple of football matches) based down in the South East - how are the 2012 Olympics benefitting people north of Watford???

This is an easy one - it isn't.

Same goes for the people south of Watford however. My guess for the final bill is £20 Billion.

Paris is benefitting hugely by not hosting it.

Farce from start to finish.

An no, you can't have your money back. It's all been p***** up the wall in the way that only a bunch of total chumps spending other people's money can.

Robert

Edited by Maiden22

From what I remember reading somewhere, there will be special allowances made for pistols when they come here (assuming that the ban isn't repealed by then, somehting I doubt).

As an aside, I was at an expo the other year courtesy of work where there were a lot of pistols and automatic weapons on display. They are allowed to be there because they are licensed, but they have to be secured at the end of the day.

Going back to the Olympics int he UK... There is no way that we are going to come out of it in credit. No way in hell. We're going to attempt to out-do the last few ones and it is just not going to work at all. I'm going to go back to shooting here and say they should have spent the money on Bisley as I think we can all agree it's the spiritual home of British target shooting. Woolwich is just a joke.

As an aside, I was at an expo the other year courtesy of work where there were a lot of pistols and automatic weapons on display. They are allowed to be there because they are licensed, but they have to be secured at the end of the day.

What do you do for a living?? :sly:

I'm going to go back to shooting here and say they should have spent the money on Bisley as I think we can all agree it's the spiritual home of British target shooting. Woolwich is just a joke.

Nope - they should have shared the money round like they said they were going to and give the North a decent shooting venue too :lol:

Theiving b@st@rds! :hmm:

Oly,

Come on now. Surely you don't expect people in London, when faced with a London Olympics, to actually use the money to put facilities and money into places that are not outside London! I'm surprised any of the moey actually went seeeerth of the river!

My job? I work in computer security.

Edited by Wookie

Just a little question...

we all know any firearm with total length of 60Cm or less and or barrel of 30Cm or less is a pistol and therefore banned for every LAW ABIDING citezen. ALthough 100% legal for any yobbo wishing to kill his girlfriend it seems.

All joking aside, will the pistol competitions be held somwhere else or will an allowence be made?

would have to isle of man

there not banned there

stuartt

Come on now. Surely you don't expect people in London, when faced with a London Olympics, to actually use the money to put facilities and money into places that are not outside London! I'm surprised any of the moey actually went seeeerth of the river!

Shocking that our taxes are paying for London's gain - I vote for North/South devolution! :/

My job? I work in computer security.

With semi-automatic guns...now that's what I call computer security! :blink: :lol: