Lee Kit

Having been reading various reviews and books I have decided to plump for Lee kit to start reloading. In part my decision is based on budget but most of the kit seems to get good reviews.

I wont be reloading huge amounts of ammo so spending £400 to £500 on more expensive kit does not make it economically viable. Results from Lee equipment also seems to be more than adequate and certainly I can expect better results than premium factory ammo.

So, having been perusing the various catalogues I have build up a shopping list:

Lee Aniversary Kit

Case Length Gauge and Shellholder

Collet Die in .243

I already have a few bits and bobs, digital callipers, electronic scale, Ultrasound cleaner.

Will look at the local shops to see what bullet, powders and primers are available, looking to load a flat shooting varmint bullet, something like a 70gr ballistic tip. Any recommended loads to look at to begin with?

Am I missing anything on the equipment front??

Thanks

Jerry

get yourself a crimping die. Also a Kinetic bullet puller or the Hornady Cam Lock puller ( a better option and it will fit the Lee press)

there is always something extra you can add on as time progresses

I use Hodgden H380 powder with 70 grain heads. It's a good smooth flowing powder but there are many other good ones out there as well.

Edited by steve_b_wales