anyone use cast lead or lead/alloy bullets

well i got a few to try out having got my lee loading gear for the .243 and a lot of help off bob300w

i set about loading a few up to try

i know you cant use lead cast bullets at high velocitys

so i found a site with the load data for using lead bullets

heres the link

http://www.leverguns.com/articles/paco/small_charges.htm

just wondering if anyone else has used cast bullets

i havent used the amount of powder listed ive went a few grains under

well went out last night for a few hours to try them out and i was suprised how well they shot

i fired 13 in total at a tree trunk from around 80 meters or so and they went very well

not much recoil but they still had plenty of punch behind them

they still went a good way into the tree trunk so i guess they will be pretty good on foxes aswell

so im glad i got the reloading gear now home loads are in my opinion a lot better

only wish i had a chrono to check the velocity of the bullet

well went out last night for a few hours to try them out and i was suprised how well they shot

i fired 13 in total at a tree trunk from around 80 meters or so and they went very well

not much recoil but they still had plenty of punch behind them

they still went a good way into the tree trunk so i guess they will be pretty good on foxes aswell

so im glad i got the reloading gear now home loads are in my opinion a lot better

only wish i had a chrono to check the velocity of the bullet

What kind of groupings were you getting? Obviously with the lower velocity, you'll have a different kind of trajectory, but maybe the cost will be so low you won't mind that a bit as long as you keep to shorter ranges.

hi

well they shoot just as good as copper jackets i still need to zero my scope for them properly as only took a few to try out il get some more loaded up and take a target with me next time

i was standing shooting them into the tree trunk and they were within an inch or so of each other which i guess isnt to bad

• 4 weeks later...