Getting a tad annoying

davesmiff

I am fairly new to the sport but know that I enjoy it and obviously want to get better, my snag is I shoot right handed however my left eye is my master eye. I've tried mounting on the left but it feels too unnatural and uncomfortable.

Are there any tips that anyone could give me or is it a case of adapting my lead to my right eye and bags of practice. If it makes any difference I shoot clays, well shoot at them most of the time.

Thanks in advance.

I have a similar problem and found that a Browning Magic Dot stuck onto the left lens of my shooting glasses helps me get on the correct line for the bird.

They come in a pack of 5 or so different colours and you can get them quite cheaply on ebay - just type in "Browning Magic Dot" into the search box.

I'm currently just shutting my left eye, as magman does.

Just to clarify my question am I going to have to compensate for the fact that my right eye is not aligned correctly and therefore adjust my aim. E.g if pointing at a stationary target 75' away I have to aim 12'' to the right because my right eye is telling me that the target is 12'' to the left of where it actually is. So if you add a moving target, and therefore needs lead, I'm going to have to adapt the amount of lead I give it according to the speed and distance of the bird but also account for the discrepancy from my right eye.

As I see it I'd be better off ignoring any advice as to how much lead to give a bird when at a shoot and just learn to adapt as I shoot (listening to whether I'm under/over/in front/ behind, and adjusting my aim accordingly).