what does the dog get ?

myzeneye

what parts of the rabbit, hare or pigeon do you feed your dog.....:rolleyes:

ive never given my boy any bits yet, but he looks like he wants it soooo much when he smells me skinning a rabbit.....

me, i just use the meat.... lungs, heart, kidneys etc go in the bin.... im sure there all edible parts, but i just dont fancy them myself....... i know some old timers who eat the brains !!!

do you give them it raw or cooked? i dont want to just give him bits as he'l probably kak a brown laser or at least do some of his trade mark silent but violent, stealth boff's.....

im sure he'l appreciate any advice ...

I eat the rabbit, kidneys & liver from them are excelent, you are missing out big time if you throw them away.

Try your dog on the heart either raw or cooked (boiled will do) & give him any left overs from your meal or boil one up for him seperately.

If you can't bring yourelf to eat the kidneys or liver then give to your dog, nieghbours dog, stray cats, mates ferrets, anything, anybody, don't waste them !!!

What does your dog normally eat?

Give him the rabbit leftovers raw and on their own, not with any kibble or dog food he normally gets as they will digest at different rates (that's when you get the "brown laser" or the stench). It won't do him any harm.

Give him the whole carcass and see what he eats, I had a welsh springer when I was a boy who would eat a WHOLE rabbit and leave not a bit - she wasn't fed BARF... she was just helluva quick and not very well trained :good:

WGD

i give my lurcher a complete rabbit minus its coat but only after it has been in the freezer for at least 3 weeks as this is supposed to kill any parasitic eggs.she loves rabbit,i some times give her the breast bones (raw) off a few pigeon.going off topic a little now,i also go to my local abbotoire and buy about 6-10 beef hearts boil them all up in a big pan some times i have to cook 3/4 lots but i always re use the same water just top it up a bit.leave it to cool,bag it all in seperate bags enought for 1 main meal or 2 breakfast portions then freeze it the hearts cost me £1.50 each so it works out realy cheap food i have got a seperate freezer for keeping the dog and ferret food in

I eat the rabbit, kidneys & liver from them are excelent, you are missing out big time if you throw them away.

Try your dog on the heart either raw or cooked (boiled will do) & give him any left overs from your meal or boil one up for him seperately.

If you can't bring yourelf to eat the kidneys or liver then give to your dog, nieghbours dog, stray cats, mates ferrets, anything, anybody, don't waste them !!!

:good: But worm them regularly :yes:

LB

i done some rabbits the other week,inside the cavity was a bubble a bit smaller than a golf ball popped it and liquid came out so i poked it then some shiny white eggs came out. it didnt look very nice then after doing a search on here for rabbit disease it looks like it was tape worm.cooking the rabbit might kill these parasites not 100% sure and i wouldnt fancy risking it myself even tho i could do with losing a couple of stone,but if you are about 8 stone and eat like my MRS you just might have worms