Pattern Imprinted Concrete Driveways

Mungler

My other halfs grandad has one, quite a large area. I wouldn't have it myself. It is shiny all the time and needs sealing regularly.

I'm about to do my drive and have two lines of thought. I'm a landscaper so see a lot of all of the options.

I like the set style blocks so they don't look so bad. Herringbone block paving doesn't look so good to me. They can stain, but you're not telling me your Bentley leaks are you?

The other option is the stone slabs tulky mentioned. You can have sandstone or limestone. Personally I'd go for the limestone as it's harder. Get a good base of type 1 and go over it with a vibrating roller for as long as you can stand. Really beat it down, as it's the most important part of the job! Then lay them on a 2" thick layer of 7 sharp sand, 5 building sand and 2 cement. You could land your mates helicopter on that and it isn't going to move! You can get both blocks and stone for about £20 per M2