Winchester 9422 .22lr Underlever

Cracking toy. I had one of these in .22 mag years ago. Had a great big scope on high mounts. Hollow points would take a bunnies head right off at 200 yds or more.

I had one in .22 Magnum back at the end of the 1970s and early 1980s. I agree, It was devastating. I just bought a .17HMR version about five weeks ago. Amazing, but I have a problem with extraction on this new one. My old one never gave me a moment's trouble. I was out with my 9417 this afternoon in the pouring rain. I shot a pigeon at 110 yards with it and a 150 yard rabbit. I paced out both distances. Had the pigeon for dinner tonight as a starter before my allotment beans, lamb steaks, a bottle of Rioja and pishwari nan from the local tandoori - Hmmm - lovely - especially the pigeon. If I had a spare slot for another ,22 I would be tempted. I don't think £140 is a lot of money so someone might be getting a bargain.

When was it made and how much use has it had?

Edited by Evilv

They stopped making these in about 2005 so there are no more except used ones.

Also, unlike the Henry, the receiver is blued steel and it comes to bits really easily, keeping the scope on the barrel part so you don't lose the zero. This is essential for proper cleaning which needs to be done from the chamber end, and not the front of the barrel. Of course a .22LR doesn't need a lot of bore scrubbing or anything - they seem to be better without as long as you are using the greasy ammo like eley subs. Someone can have a lot of very cheap fun with this gun. If the UK was like the USA and you could just buy one without getting permission for another slot, I would have this like a shot.

Dunno how old it is, mate to be honest... The condition is very good though, and the action is nice and smooth. I've had a PM regarding the purchase of it, but buyer needs a couple of weeks. Fingers crossed, but you're right, cracking wee guns and a bit of a bargain.

send me its serial number and I can trace it back to a year of manufacture.

• 3 weeks later...