job hunting

Im looking for a job as a game keeper in south wales i was wondering what qualifications i would need ?

I spent 4 mounth with a game keeper and really enjoyed it.

If any one nows of any jobs as assitants or just a helper needed on a shoot in south wales can you let me now.

Thanks most greatfull.

Well, there's a few BTEC National dipolmia courses you can do for a qualifaction. (Such as a BTEC National diplomia in Countryside management: Gamekeeping course).

Though, I think you might be jumping the gun a little from a mere 4 months experiance. Ask any keeper and every day is different, you're going to have to experiance at least a year to get the full idea of what your doing thoughout.

With most keepers, you're going to have no-one to talk to about what to do, you'll be told to have several thousand birds to be ready for september and left at it, making your own way about it all.

Your also going to have to be confident in running drives, beaters, and the whole shooting side of things, which can often be more complex than it first seems.

I see get a bit more experiance, and see if you can nab an underkeeper job. but Keeping isn't a job you can try and wing, if you don't know what your doing it's going to show up really fast.

The other thing you have to remember, your going to be doing AT LEAST 14 hour days, on any shoot that will want an underkeeper.

• 1 month later...