Ultra Sonic cleaners

I wouldn't use vinegar Paul, the acid will degrade the Zinc in the Brass and weaken it.

There are proprietry cleaners that are safe to add, I don't remember offhand which one

I used, but I bought it from RS Components.

I'll try to dig it out and PM you.

Also try doing a search on the 'V' site, it's been covered on there a couple of times.

Aaah- you're cleaning brass. One of the better cleaners for brass is...Coke! The phosphoric acid is what does the real work- it's at a pretty low concentration, so you don't have to worry about damaging your cases either.

Let the Coke go flat before you put it in the ultrasound, or it will fizz up and make an unholy mess of things. Two minutes, rinse in hot water, let dry and you're ready to reload.

And to think people drink the stuff...

• 1 month later...

As for Windknot's comment of squirting WD40 on your brasses!

WD40 is no longer used in the US for cleaning or lubricating guns as it alters the explosive capacity of gunpowder and has blown many guns breaches up.

If you are intent on using something to stop your brass tarnishing after cleaning,put them in a grip seal bag with a bag of silica as this will draw all the moisture which causes the reaction of tarnishing.