Big Thanks To Cocketts Farm Clay Ground!

reedbradshaw

Hi all.

Ive had my cert for a few months now but never plucked up the courage to go to a clay ground on my own, but in the field the other day i noticed that i find it very hard to hit the high and fast woodies. So anyway, off i went to Cocketts Farm in Farnsfeild just out side Newark nr Nottingham knowing nothing about chokes, leads or which shoot would benifit me in the field.

When in the club house i explained my problem and the people there were very helpful! they explained everything about the chokes on my gun, what they do and what chokes to have in. They told me i had half and 3/4 in which should be ok for what i need it for :yes:

Anyhow ended up shooting sporting and got 21 out of 40. At first i was dissapointed because i had a few of those "im sure i hit that" and gave the gun a funny look as if to blame that, but was told thats good for a first timer at sporting :good:

Well happy and cant wait to go again in the future to see if i improve, im aiming for 25 out of 40 next time :yes:

So top marks to Cocketts Farm for a really helpful and friendly shoot !

btw the guns a lanber o/u sporting delux.

Hi mate

Cocketts a good choice. I take it it was roger that you spoke to? He's a realy friendly chap.

I go there every sunday so if your up for it send me a PM and we'll have a jolly down there

All the best Richard

There was 2 blokes and a woman there. The guy checked over my gun to see if i had the right chokes in while the woman sorted me out with some basic advice :P

I wont be able to make this sunday but im hoping to make next sunday, theres been another guy on the forum caragh goes alternate Sundays so maybe we can get a few people together for a shoot ? a few pointers on my behalf wouldnt go a miss either :)